4772 colorado river road, Firestone, CO 80504, USA
1.2
Turnaround Time

My family closed on our new home Mar 16th 2018. We were not allowed to delay closing until all of the punch list was completed, of course we have had that list thrown in our face several times by the builder as they claim it was all completed.

Let me just list some of the defective items:

-A/C Unit won't cool the home, unit isn't big enough according to pros

-Cracking foundation

-Screws and nails are popping through the drywall

-upstairs walkway is bouncing when I walk on it, it is open to the floor below

-MBR tub doesn't get hot water, but the shower will scald your skin

-Irrigation was not buried and must be buried 8 inches per code

-Sod wasn't installed correctly, lost of missing holes and gaps between sod

-Sod wasn't wheeled out and is dying off

-Windows aren't sealing, dust if blowing through the seals and collecting in piles inside on the sill

-Walls aren't straight or flat, not a single one

-Stair steps all seem to be breaking on the edges, the edge of each stair bends under the carpet

-iWired installed a wall tube that isn't big enough to get an HDMI cable through

-iWired installed speaker jacks into the walls and put covers over them, even though the design I signed off on had no jacks installed

-MBR is under cooling, 78 degrees in MBR while 59 degrees downstairs in my office

-wood floor boards have gaps along the edges

-We have wall plates all over the house, for unknown reasons

-water rot damage to the frame of the sliding glass doors

-driveway has nail holes all over it where contractors shot nails into concrete

-driveway has cracks through the slab already

-front steps have cracks through them already

-windows that can't even open have dust blowing through the edges

-carpet is so thin that my kids keep getting nail cuts from the tack strips that they use along the edges

-Local code enforcement has started to get involved as it looks like these new houses weren't built to meet fire codes

-I've had to re-do all the network cables because none of them worked and I don't think they used CAT5e cable for all the cables

-tiles behind my MBR tub are broken or missing, but filled in with grout

-MBR shower has two different colors of grout

My home wasn't cheap, by my standards anyway, the purchase price was around $500k, with most houses in my neighborhood selling for more. Yet the trim is garbage mdf throughout the entire house, the furnace is almost the cheapest model offered by Bryant, the A/C isn't big enough to cool the home, the handrails are all wobbly already, the stair rail feels like it might give out if somebody ever needs to really lean on it, no garage door opener, front door has already had to be repaired, no garage door weather stripping, during a recent rain storm the gutters were useless as the water just rushed over the edge of the house and wasn't directed into the gutters at all. I can go on and on with the problems in my new home, but I also don't want my blood pressure elevated all day long either.

If I had to do it over again I simply wouldn't, and with Lennar buying CalAtlantic things have gotten even worse. Buyer beware, they are still building new houses all around me. I've started documenting the bad building items that I am seeing. They take pride in erecting a whole house in just 4 days, but you aren't going to have any quality when you erect a whole house that fast.

Product or Service Mentioned: Calatlantic Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want my house issues corrected fully..

I liked: Home designs and layouts.

I didn't like: Referring us to warranty claims, Quality is awful, Worse quality control, Lied about punch list being completed prior to closing, Construction trash found all around outside of home.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 20.

Comments

We closed in March in Tampa area. Sounds a lot like our house.